Sunday 4 March 2012

Catching up

These days whenever I log into my social network page I see at least three updates or photo uploads where friends or acquaintances are getting engaged/married. I not quite sure if I am the only one who gets freaked out whenever I see these updates....its like there is this race and Im slowly lagging behind...Gosh I don't wanna be the last one to touch that finish line. But it helps that none of my besties are married yet...infact that's a major relief, but i know the instant anyone of these girls start getting hitched...the panic attacks will start setting in....in fact a heart attack. I'm afraid I'll be left out as "the girl who was the last to get hitched".

The fact is I have already met the man I see my future with. He adores me and I adore him too. In fact I would say we are head over heels in love with each other. But I live in India and like all Bollywood movies our perfect romance has a small road-bump...dan-ta-ta....here it come....."he is not a Hindu"...yes seven years of relationship and I have not yet convinced my parents...I admit I suck...first 3 years I was convincing myself Ill just get out of the relationship once college is over, then after I realized I could not live without him the next 3 years I was waiting for a chance to tell my parents...yes I'm just a chk chk chicken...then last year I gather all my guts and finally spilled the beans and now I'm waiting for my parents to say "you kids can get married now we have tortured you enough".

So till my "WAIT" phase is over there is hardy much I can do except to wait patiently for my D-Day to arrive. While I do that Ill just plan the "awesomest" wedding ever.....in you face you early birds...:)

No comments: